Analysis of Meat & Seafood
- Species analysis of meat products
- Food safety analysis, including element speciation
analysis of fish and seafood
- Hygiene control by means of pathogen detection
Regardless of laboratory conditions, we help manufacturers and processors of meat and fish products to ensure the fast and reliable analysis of relevant quality and food safety parameters.
Effortless analysis processes
- User-friendly operation of protocols and devices
- Efficient workflows
- Easy-to-automate methods
- Quick instrument readiness
Gain more precise and results faster
- Established techniques for elemental analysis
- Highly sensitive instrumentation for accurate trace element and elemental speciation analysis
- Highly specific analysis of the level of DNA with LOD of down to 10 copies/PCR
- Acceleratede product release process using PCR-based microbial detection within a few hours
- Analysis of multiple parameters simultaneously using combined and multiplex PCR on real-time PCR cyclers
Analyze with us
- Analytical sample preparation, digestion, extraction, lysis
- Toxic metals, micro and macro elements (e.g., As, Cd, Pb): AAS, ICP-OES, ICP-MS
- Element speciation analysis (e.g., As, Hg): LC-ICP-MS
- Species identification and detection of animal components (e.g., meat, fat, and bone meal) in food and animal feed: Nucleic acid extraction kits, thermal cycler, real-time thermal cycler, detection assays (PCR and real-time PCR)
- Hygiene monitoring by detecting microbes (e.g., E.coli) and pathogens (e.g., Salmonella spp., Campylobacter spp.): Nucleic acid extraction kits thermal cycler, real-time thermal cycler, detection assays (PCR and real-time PCR)
To avoid product wastage and lost profits, quick access to precise and accurate results is crucial for products with short shelf life such as raw meat, processed meat, poultry, fish, and other seafood. Monitoring the quality of animal feed keeps livestock healthy and ensures raw products of high quality.
Seafood and meat quality analysis: safety for perishable goods
The increased emergence of special diets as well as broad political discussions, triggered not in the least by food scandals, have sharpened consumer focus on desired and undesired ingredients of food. HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) was developed as a clearly structured, preventive quality tool for the production and handling of food. In the meat and seafood processing industry, one aspect is particularly important: Since these goods are often highly perishable, speed plays an exceptionally important role – as well as in seafood and meat quality analysis. This is because the waiting time for meat and seafood testing results reduces the time available for processing, transportation, sale and consumption up to the expiration date to a much greater extent, in relative terms, than for goods with a longer shelf life. In addition, germs, for example, can contaminate large batches of goods in a short time and render them unusable.
Speed counts in seafood and meat analysis methods
From farmer cooperatives, breeders and fisheries to veterinarians, slaughterhouses, meat processing plants, from feed suppliers to traders, and of course official supervisory authorities such as food inspectors, health and veterinary authorities: They all depend on internal inspection bodies or external contract laboratories being able to provide valid seafood/meat quality analysis results as quickly as possible. Feed controls are equally relevant here in order to achieve healthy livestock with the best meat quality possible. The many different parameters and occasions for meat analysis include:
- Pathogen detection
- Microbiological hygiene parameters
- Species/origin detection
- Toxic trace metals, macro and trace minerals (e.g. arsenic, cadmium, lead)
- Element speciation analysis for arsenic and mercury, for example.
Decades of experience for best meat analysis methods and fastest possible results
Thanks to many years of cooperation with professionals from all areas of meat analysis, Analytik Jena is very aware of the speed requirement – and offers you not only a correspondingly broad portfolio of meat analysis methods but also dedicated sample preparation techniques. The field-proven instruments as well as preparation and analysis methods support you in quickly and reliably detecting microbial, pathogenic and inorganic parameters in meat and seafood quality control, performing species analyses and much more. These applications for diverse aspects of meat and seafood testing can be optimally individualized and also scaled to fit needs – especially when high sample volumes are involved. In this way, you can ensure that the HACCP testing process takes as little time as possible – and that the sensitive goods reach consumers more quickly.